We are confident that all your questions will be answered during our in person sign up process, however, below is some general information to help you. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office.
Repairs and Maintenance
We ask that all requests for repairs and maintenance be forwarded to our office in writing. Please provide as much information as possible so we can act accordingly.
If you have an urgent after hours repair, please call our office phone number so we can assess the problem and have a tradesperson attend. The RTA has guidelines for what constitutes an emergency repair.
Other than your initial money required to move into the office, we do not accept cash. You are required to set up NAB EasyRent or CentrePay.
If you know your rent is not going to be paid on time, please contact your property manager - it is essential they are kept informed of any possible delay.
We advise all tenants to take out contents insurance - your contents will not be insured under your Lessor’s policy.
If you lock yourself out during office hours you are welcome to collect our spare set of keys - please ensure you bring photo ID to the office so we can be certain keys aren’t just being given to anyone.
If you lock yourself out after office hours, you will need to contact a locksmith.
We conduct inspections every 13 weeks - you will be sent an entry notice 7 to 14 days prior to your inspection. If you are happy for us to take the spare key, please let us know. If you aren’t going to be home, or, wish to be home for your inspection, please let your property manager know.
Breaking Your Lease
We understand that from time to time, events happen beyond your control and sometimes, this causes a tenant to vacate the property during their lease. In this event, it is referred to as a break lease and you’re responsible for and agree to the following:
- The tenant(s) will continue to be responsible for the property as per the current conditions of the lease including the continued, on time, payment of rent until a new tenancy agreement is entered into (and begins) or until the expiration of the current lease agreement, whichever is sooner
- The tenant(s) authorise Ascot Real Estate as the landlord’s agent to supply any particular details to any prospective tenants relevant to the proposed new tenancy of the property.
- The tenant(s) will pay the landlord’s reasonable costs required to re-let the property - this includes the letting fee (equal to one weeks rent + GST), plus the smoke alarm cleaning and testing fee of $22.00. These costs are to be paid to Ascot Real Estate as the managing agent.
- The tenant(s) will allow inspections of the property at reasonable times by prospective tenants as arranged between the agent and the tenant(s).
- The existing tenancy will terminate when a new residential tenancy agreement with a replacement tenant, as determined by Ascot Real Estate upon discussion with the Lessor.
You are required to sign an Agreement to Terminate Fixed Term Tenancy before we can start advertising the property for rent.
Download the Break Lease Form below